NATIONAL CADET CORPS
STUDENT WING (BOYS): Led by Lieut. (Dr.) PRAN VIR PRATAP
STUDENT WING (GIRLS): Led by Lieut. (Dr.) Laxmi Devi
National Cadet Corps is a Tri-Services Organisation , comprising Army, Navy and Air Force, engaged in grooming the youth of the country into disciplined and patriotic citizens. During the Independence movement, leaders of our nation had realised need to create a national level youth organisation, to train and groom young boys and girls as responsible citizens and future leaders of our great country in all walks of life, including the defence forces. The first Prime Minister of India, Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru presided over the function of raising the first NCC Unit at Delhi on the last Sunday of Nov 1948 . This day is traditionally celebrated as the 'NCC Day' .
The motto of NCC is "Unity and Discipline Principally the NCC has two aims
- To develop qualities of character courage, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure and sportsmanship and ideas of self less service among the youth to make them useful citizen.
- To create human resource of organized trained and motivated youth to provide leadership in all walks of life including the Armed Forces and be always available for the service of Nation.
With great sense of achievement a sub unit 50 SD Cadets of National Cadet Crops. (NCC) raised on 1 April 2021 at this institution Presently it is working under the supervision of Care Taker Officer (CTO) Dr. Pran Vir Pratap and Dr. Laxmi Devi..
Job Opportunities For NCC Cadets : The NCC B and C certificate holders may get benefits as :
- Commission in the regular Army through I.M.A. & OTA(Direct Entry)
- Direct SSB(Service Selection Board) Interview for NCC 'C' Certificate holder with 'B' Grade
- Commission in the Indian Navy.
- Commission in the Indian Air Force.
- Enrolment as other ranks in the defence Service.
- Employment in the Para Military Force.
- Concessions given by various state Govts. In admission to professional courses such as B.Tech., M.B.B.S., B.Ed., Polytechnics etc.
- Various activities like Annual Training Camp.
- Combined Annual Training Camp.
- Army Attachment Camp .
"B and "C Certificate examination and routine activatiess are organized throughout the year
For Further Information Contact
Dr. Pran Vir Pratap
ANO NCC Sub- Unit
Mob. No. 8057671989
National Service Scheme (N.S.S.)
The motto of the National Service Scheme (N.S.S.) is "Not Me, But You", This expresses the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless services and appreciation of another man's point of view and also show consideration for fellow human beings. It underlines the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society as a whole. Therefore it should be the aim of the N.S.S. to demonstrate this motto in its day-to-day activities. In pursuance of the National Service Scheme (NSS) to inculcate feeling of service towards nation and understanding of national priorities amongst youth a vision of National Service Scheme came into existence. In accord with it NSS units in institutions like us functioning devotedly and dedicatedly. Presently we are having 4 units each of hundred, two each of boys and girls. Students participate enthusiastically in various activities like-
- Awakening of rural and local people regarding environmental issues.
- Conducting surveys in various important social and burning issues.
- Issues concerning health, mother and child health, family planning.
This programme is to inculcate the social welfare thoughts in the students, and to provide service to the society without any prejudice. NSS volunteers work hard day and night to ensure that every one in our society who is needy gets the every possible help from them so that they can also enhance their standards and lead a life of dignity in the society with all of us. In doing so the volunteers themselves learn a lot from the people in villages like how to struggle and how to lead a happy life in the extreme scarcity of resources , personality development through social service and so on.